Random House Webster's Unabridged Dictionary 2.0
Old versionsSee all
The Random House Webster’s Dictionary is designed to meet the wide-ranging needs of today’s students and scholars, who may study ancient documents one hour and surf the Internet the next; of professional writers, who craft poems or write articles for technical journals; of businesspeople, who need to communicate clearly; and–above all–the needs of word lovers.
- A Words Section in the front of the book with over 1,100 important words and meanings–words such as broadband, urban legend, Disneyfy, and smoothie.
- Over 315,000 entries
- 1,500 updated definitions and entries
- 2,400 illustrations and spot maps
- Scholarly, up-to-date etymologies, including dates to show when terms entered the language, and showing clearly labeled Americanisms
- Entries for important and famous people; places and historical events; major works of literature, music, and art; names and abbreviations of academic, governmental, social, and fraternal organizations; popular given names; common abbreviations; and foreign terms.